Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I've got the skinny...


So, I've been converted. Ever since I purchased my first pair of skinny jeans this October, I have fallen in love with them! I love how they look with a cute pair of flats or under some boots during cooler weather.  My mom bought my first pair from Gap and I wear them all the time! I decided I needed another pair... but without Mom buying them there was just no way I could bring myself to pay $60 for some more when I have a drawer full of jeans! So I got the idea that I would attempt to convert some old jeans in to some skinnys. So I pulled out these jeans that are too long and I rarely ever wear.  Here is me with them on inside out right before I pinned them. (excuse the HUGE mess and baby proofed fireplace and my nasty shirt!)
After Adam's failed attempt to pin them for me, I ended up pulling the jeans tight and then bending over and pinning them. ( After this step, your back WILL hurt... trust me!) I then laid my jeans on a table and with a straight edge and sharpie make a line to follow while I sewed. After sewing the seam, I cut off the excess  jean and then did a zigzag stitch (since I don't own a serger) to finish the edges and prevent them from fraying. This is how they turned out!
                                                       
They are a little "bunchy" because they are too long, but I think they are cute, and with boots you won't even be able to see! This literally only took about 30 minutes (of course the little one was in bed or it could have taken all day)! Maybe I can refashion a cute top to go with them! Hope everyone is having a great week!


5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great idea; great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They turned out really good! Now, only if I looked that good in skinny jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Great job! I think you've convinced me to become an owner of skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete