Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hot Christmas Punch

Do you ever eat or drink something that brings back memories? Every year growing up my Mom would make her special Christmas Punch to drink that was always a favorite of mine. I made some tonight and with my first sip it just felt like Christmas. I knew I just had to share this tasty recipe with you so you could maybe start a Christmas tradition at your house!

Here it is:
2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups cranberry juice cocktail ( I used "light")
1 cup orange juice
lemon juice ( if using fresh-about 1/2 lemon, if using bottled- couple splashes)
1/2 cup of sugar
1 3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
pinch of salt

If you want to make it to serve immediately, mix everything in a big pot and heat until sugar dissolves. Serve Warm.

I usually heat the water and sugar until the sugar dissolves and then mix everything in a pitcher. I store it in the refrigerator and just warm a cup whenever I want it!

This recipe is very forgiving. Just taste as you go and add more or less of anything!

What are some special recipes you always have around Christmas time?

No comments:

Post a Comment