Friday, January 14, 2011

The week I've been dreading!

This week I started grad school and Lawson started part-time day care. I have never been away from Lawson for this long and I have been so nervous about leaving him. Let me just say, he on the other hand was not upset to leave me one bit! I guess I should be thankful that he is such an independent little boy, but I kind of wanted him to be just a little bit upset that I was leaving. Nothing! He is definitely not a baby anymore! He can eat big boy food like pizza and chicken nuggets and he is about to start walking! He even tried salad today for the first time! Crazy??! He is loving daycare and playing with other kids and has started talking so much more since he's been around other kids! The only bad part of daycare is that he is getting off his napping schedule which in turn affects his nighttime sleep. I hope he gets adjusted soon! This week went so much smoother than I imagined. I love his daycare... they take such good care of him and he enjoys it! A win win!

This is Adam's last semester in school (hooray!) and we are having fun walking to classes together and meeting on campus to eat lunch! It almost feels like we are on dates, since we don't have Lawson. Tonight I am working on Lawson's birthday invitations. I cannot believe it's time for Lawson's first birthday! Where has this year gone? I sometimes feel like we all need to slow down a bit just to enjoy life and these special moments with our little ones! This is going to be my new year's resolution: slow down and enjoy life. Quit worrying about having a clean house (it's never going to happen anyway!), don't get upset if Lawson wakes up at 2 AM... go grab him and cuddle with him before he's too big, stop trying to be a perfectionist, and spend time with my family having fun... like going to the park and going on walks! I find myself worrying about so much that I sometimes forget to just relax and enjoy the wonderful blessing around me.

I hope everyone has had a great week and YAY for 3 day weekends!!!

2 comments:

  1. so true! i think we are alot alike in many ways... even if we are 5 years apart :) my resolutions are so similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this should be every Mom's resolution...and not just on New Year's! I think we, as women, are wired to worry about EVERYTHING! I am with you...I vow to stop worrying about the little things, and take time to enjoy every (ok, maybe not every) minute with my family!

    ReplyDelete