Monday, October 11, 2010

Home again, home again!



After being at the beach for over a week, it sure was hard to come home! Lawson really loved the ocean and sand. Apparently sand tastes good according to Lawson.. haha!

I am so glad Adam was able to spend both weekends with us and see Lawson at the beach. If y'all don't know, Adam LOVES the ocean... well, just water in general, and I know he was thrilled that Lawson loves it too! I hope they grow up to be best friends and can enjoy activities together, such as fishing!
While at the beach, Lawson was able to spend lots of time with MiMi and Big Daddy and even give Mommy extra time to sew and applique! I was able to sew a shopping cart/highchair cover that ended up being so much easier than I thought.
It is reversible with the cutest monkey pattern on one side and giraffe print on the other. I had a lot of extra giraffe fabric leftover and I am planning to make Lawson some pants and then put a giraffe applique on a shirt to match!

I also was able to finish a jon jon and add the most adorable, I mean boyish, helicopter applique with Lawson's name monogrammed under it!


















While at the beach, we not only celebrated my Dad's bday, but also my nephew's 2nd bday. I baked a BIG cupcake cake and decorated it while we were there. I think it turned out super cute!

It's nice to be home, but I sure do miss waking up to an ocean view and eating good seafood!



No comments:

Post a Comment