Monday, April 26, 2010

"I'm a genie in a bottle, baby, you gotta rub me the right way..."


Okay, so I said I would never be one of those moms who rocked their child to sleep as a baby because you would always have to do that to get them to sleep... even when they are 5 years old. So... starting at 2 weeks old, Adam and I would just put Lawson down and let him "cry it out." Before you think we are terrible parents, we would never let him go longer than fifteen minutes without checking on him. Thanks to Adam, we figured out that Lawson loves his head being rubbed and it helps him fall asleep. So we have been succumbed into "head rubbing" our baby to sleep. We start out with good intentions and put him in the crib and walk out. After about 5 minutes of whimpering, I always am suckered back in to rub his head until he falls asleep. At least with rocking you are sitting down! Rubbing a head is hard on your back and your arms become very sore. If Lawson wakes up in the middle of the night I rush in to "rub" him back to sleep before he gets too worked up. I can only imagine 5 years down the road when we are still rubbing his head until he falls asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment