Monday, June 28, 2010

$50/ week challenge




I have decided to begin a $50 budget per week for groceries (food, cleaning supplies, toiletries, diapers,etc.). I know I have to blog about it or I will not keep track of my spending. I am going to "try" to update 3 times a week because I usually shop at CVS, Kroger, and Publix each week. Sometimes I shop at Target but it's very rare. So today I was very excited after my CVS trip. Out of pocket only $1.13 and bought 13 items! Let me roadmap it for you.

3 Aveeno Shampoos $6.49
- (3) $1.50 coupons
1 Aveeno Face Wash $6.99
- $2 coupon
Bounty Paper Towels 8 pack $5.97
- $2 CVS coupon
Pampers Jumbo Pack $8.99
-$1.50 coupon
Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner $2.50
-$1 coupon
Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gel Kit $2.50 (FYI this stuff is awesome... makes bathroom smell clean all the time and you don't have to scrub toilets either!)
-$1
2 Ziploc Freezer Bags 2/$5
-$1/2
3 CVS brand candy bags on clearance 75% off (didn't really NEED this candy but i could not pass up gummy peach rings for only $.13 for all 3 bags)
-$1/3
-$19 left from my $25 CVS gift card for transferred prescription (you can do this back and forth between different pharmacies and continue receiving this FREE money!)
Total Value Purchased $74.02
Total Spent $1.13 + $10 Extra Care Bucks
- $5 SC Johnson Mail in Rebate
- $10 Aveeno Mail in Rebate
Total after MIR $13.87 money maker + $10 ECB

Happy Couponing :)

Also: Pics from our AWESOME trip to Helen, GA! A very fun and relaxing time in the mountains :)




No comments:

Post a Comment